[rrd-developers] SQL Backend request

larryjadams at comcast.net larryjadams at comcast.net
Thu May 17 20:26:52 CEST 2007

All,

I have written a plugin to Cacti called Boost that caches all RRD updates to either a memory or myisam table until any of the following happens:

1) a pre-defined timespan has elapsed since the last update
2) a certain number of rows are reached in the memory or myisam table
3) there is demand for a graph from the web site

It has enabled users of Cacti to scale well beyond current limits.  In fact some customer can now expand 10 fold the number of RRD files that can be maintained on a single system.

Regards,

Larry Adams
TheWitness
www.cacti.net