[rrd-developers] SQL Backend request

Larry Adams larryjadams at comcast.net
Fri May 18 02:04:34 CEST 2007

Blair Zajac wrote:
> larryjadams at comcast.net wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I have written a plugin to Cacti called Boost that caches all RRD updates to either a memory or myisam table until any of the following happens:
>>

> Hi Larry,
>
> I don't know if you want to use the name Boost, as it's a well known C++
> library, so you'll probably get name collisions:
>
> http://www.boost.org/
>
> Maybe rrd_boost?
>
> Regards,
> Blair

Blair,

I was aware of that, but as a plugin to Cacti, it serves a completely
different purpose.  It's not that widely know.  I might change it some
day to be more closely aligned with something associated with succulents
like a Cactus.  However, every time I start the search, I realize why I
left the naming of my children to my wife ;)

Regards,

Larry