[rrd-developers] [rrd] Re: RRDtool to another level - add 3D and 4D capabilities -

Stefan Parvu stefanparvu14 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 19:53:32 CET 2008

Evening,

> you have to consider how you expect people to look at the
> graphs.
> If you manage with cairo, you get a nice abstract frontend
> for all
> sorts of different output devices ...

first ignore my subject line. I meant BarryN, where
where N = (d+1) in 'd' (apparent) spatial dimensions.
So, Barry3 means 3 metrics in d=2 (triangle) and
Barry4 means 4 metrics in d=3 (tetrahedron).

So to get simpler I would need to start with Barry3. An
animated GIF which should fetch data from RRD and display it.
This being 2D. For future 3D plots again maybe an animated GIF
will do.

I need to think for awhile about how the final plots will look.

> if you are about to produces 3d animations or even models,
> then a
> different aproach may be more suitable ... in general
> opengl
> applications tend to be not 'the thing' one wants
> regarding
> portability.

yeah, true.

thanks,