[rrd-developers] Accelerator Daemon (was: rrdupates per second)

Florian Forster rrdtool at nospam.verplant.org
Sun Jun 22 12:09:14 CEST 2008

Hi Tobi,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 10:40:29AM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> apropos in-memory storage, have you had a look at the stuff available
> in glib ? it would be nice if we didn't have to add yet another
> dependency ...

no, because the glib is such a huge dependency and I wanted to keep
stuff simple ;) But if RRDTool 1.4 already depends on that we can use
the stuff they provide, of course.. The interface of GLib's trees[0] is
even nicer, if you ask me..

But as far as I see <glib.h> is not included in the current trunk
sources. Did I miss something? Instead of using GLib's trees I we can
use the AVL implementation I wrote for collectd - it does not have any
external dependencies..

Regards,
-octo

[0] <http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-Balanced-Binary-Trees.html>