[rrd-developers] new features in RRDtool: add/delete DSs and RRAs in existing RRD base

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri May 9 19:25:45 CEST 2008

Hi Bigunyak,

the 'problem' is that the on-disk data format of rrdtool does not
lend it sels to adding and removing data sources ... all that can
be done sensibly is to reqrite the file in its new structure ...

if you are planning to work on something like this, you are most
welcome ...

another thing people often ask is to changeing the step size of an
archive ... it would be an interesting task to write a rrdtool
re-sampling mechanism which is able to alter the step size of an
existing archive while keeping the data as intact as possible ...

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902