[rrd-developers] implementing portable format

Sfiligoi Igor sfiligoi at lnf.infn.it
Mon Nov 3 17:51:37 CET 2008

Hi Tobi.

If you can suggest how to xport on the fly the part of the file a user
may be interested in without running any active content on the Web
server, I would be glad use it.
I just cannot think of any way this could be implemented.

PS: Just in perspective; I expect
O(10k) RRD files updated once a minute
while the typical read access would be
O(10) files every few minutes. (O(1) concurrent users)

Anyhow, I just wanted to point out that there are real use cases that
the portable format should be able to make a reality ;)

Cheers,
  Igor