[rrd-developers] rrdcached measurements in Ganglia

kevin brintnall kbrint at rufus.net
Tue Nov 11 09:52:14 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 08:48:34AM -0000, Daniel.Pocock at barclayscapital.com wrote:
> I'm thinking about writing a module for Ganglia to read the STATS output
> from rrdcached

I'm doing something similar..

> It's also probably worthwhile reading some data from Apache (has anyone
> already written such a module for Ganglia?) so that I can compare some
> of the following:
> - time taken to serve each web request in Ganglia
> - queue length
> - IO (I already have a module for this)

What are you using to measure IO?

> Before I start coding around the output of the STATS command, do you
> envisage more changes in the imminent future?

The format will not change.  However, your code should allow for more
stats to be added in the future, just in case.

> Also, do you think it might be worthwhile storing things like the
> maximum value of the queue length between any two STATS queries?

Can't imagine why we'd need this...  Plus, two un-related clients could
issue "STATS"; they'd have no way of knowing when the previous one ran.

--
 kevin brintnall =~ /kbrint at rufus.net/