[rrd-developers] RRDtool + Lua module patch

Fidelis Assis fidelis at pobox.com
Mon Oct 6 05:02:32 CEST 2008

Tobi,

Tobias Oetiker escreveu:
> Hi Fidelis,
>
> Yesterday Fidelis Assis wrote:
>
>> Hi Tobi,
>>
>> Tobias Oetiker escreveu:
>>> Fidelis,
>>>
>>> thanks ... I have integrated the patch and tried to fix the prefix
>>> issues .... when I try to build on my hardy setup, it does not seem
>>> to work though ...
>>>
>>> a) lua does not get picked up for building automatically even
>>>    though I have lua and liblua-dev installed
>> Probably because of an old version - see below.
>
> I am running hardy which seems to be a pretty current linux
> distro. So if you can by any means make it compile with lua 5.0 or
> even lower, this would make this contribution much more interesting
> to other people since they could actually run it ...

This new patch adds support to Lua 5.0. It should apply cleanly to trunk
rev 1578:

Files changed:
 configure.ac
 doc/rrdlua.pod
 bindings/Makefile.am
 bindings/lua/README
 bindings/lua/rrdlua.c

Files removed:
 bindings/lua/Makefile.lua
 bindings/lua/test.lua

Files added:
 bindings/lua/Makefile.lua.in
 bindings/lua/test.lua.bottom
 bindings/lua/compat-5.1r5/compat-5.1.c
 bindings/lua/compat-5.1r5/compat-5.1.h
 bindings/lua/compat-5.1r5/compat-5.1.lua

Please, let me know if it's OK or needs any changes.

Regards,
--
Fidelis Assis