[rrd-developers] RRDtool + Lua module patch

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Oct 6 07:03:00 CEST 2008

Hi Fidelis,

Today Fidelis Assis wrote:

> This new patch adds support to Lua 5.0. It should apply cleanly to trunk
> rev 1578:
[...]
> Please, let me know if it's OK or needs any changes.

applies and compiles fine. There is one snag, when linking
rrd-0.0.9.so it does not seem to put the -rpath setting in place.

this is a problem when you do not install rrdtool into a
non-standard location, since then rrd.so will not find librrd.so

in the docs you may want to use INSTALL_PREFIX instead of
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.3.2

in the Makefile you are using many gcc-like options (-fPIC) this
will beome a problem when compiling with a non gcc compiler. Can't
you use libtool or at least get the relevant options from the
installed lua instance (perl does it this way).