[rrd-developers] [rrd-users] RRDtool 1.3.2 released (MAJOR BUGFIX!)

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Wed Sep 10 20:06:14 CEST 2008

Hi Sam:

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Sam Rowe <sam at usg.edu> wrote:

> The spec file in this tarball points to the wrong Source0. Also, does
> one really need those versions of cairo-devel and pango-devel?
>
> RHEL5 has these available:
> pango-devel-1.14.9-3.el5
> cairo-devel-1.2.4-5.el5
>
> Will they work properly?

I remember seeing an explanation for why these versions are needed --
but can't find it now.

Why don't you try it and report back?  Also, what I did was download
the SRPMs of pango and cairo from Fedora 8, rebuilt them on RHEL4 and
they worked fine (of course you wouldn't be able to easily get
updates...)

Cheers,

Bernard