[rrd-developers] Preview for updated RRDTool PHP extension and userland wrapper

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Aug 25 07:56:58 CEST 2009

Hi Benny,

> P.S.: @Tobi: If you like you can add the extension as a contribution for
> PHP5 or use it to update the outdated version in the SVN. The wrapper
> shouldn't go there yet though as it isn't in a shape for this ATM.
> Comments on its interface welcome though.

I had a closer look at config.m4 ... it spends quite some time
figuring where rrdtool is installed ...

when building the extension integrated in the rrd distro, I am sure
this can be simplified dramatically.

also it should be possible to build the extension at build time and
not only after rrdtool hs been installed ...