[rrd-developers] "UPDATEV" shim?

kevin brintnall kbrint at rufus.net
Sat Jun 20 05:32:11 CEST 2009

>>  - "FLUSH" the file, then operate directly on it (race condition with new
>>    updates?)
>
> tis will have odd effects for people who assume update to be
> working remotely ...

True.  This is probably a better temporary solution:

On "updatev", the server flushes an pending updates, then calls another
rrd_update_r() to produce the output for "updatev".  It doesn't perform as
well due to the frequent flushes, but it's an easy start.

> I would like to see this in 1.5 ... the 1.4rc does not seem to be
> causing much of an echo, so I guess I will be releasing 1.4.0
> sometime next week.

Is it worth trying the above simplified "updatev" support in 1.4?  I don't
know how common "updatev" is among users...

--
 kevin brintnall =~ /kbrint at rufus.net/