[rrd-developers] Memory leaks in RRDtool 1.3.x and 1.4.x?

Till Dörges doerges at pre-sense.de
Tue Aug 17 20:10:36 CEST 2010

Hello,

we're currently using RRDtool for a long-running daemon. With RRDtool 1.2.x
(currently x=30) everything is fine. :-)

As soon as we try 1.3.x or 1.4.x the daemon starts leaking memory, though. The
suspect seems to be described here:

  http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/ticket/208

Since this issue prevents us from updating, I was wondering what the current status
of this ticket is.

Thanks -- Till
Dipl.-Inform. Till Dörges                  doerges at pre-sense.de

PRESENSE Technologies GmbH            Sachsenstr. 5, D-20097 HH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors       AG Hamburg, HRB 107844
Till Dörges           Jürgen Sander              Axel Theilmann