[rrd-developers] adding timeouts to rrd_client

Thorsten von Eicken tve at voneicken.com
Tue Jun 22 19:16:03 CEST 2010

I'd like to add timeouts to all the network operations in rrd_client so
one can set a deadline for getting a remote data series. I'm wondering
whether there is a library I should use for that, currently the code
mostly uses raw socket connect and stdio reads and I'd like to avoid
descending down into raw select stuff and reimplement fgets and co. Any
suggestions? I'm no longer aware of what's out there in the C world...
     Thorsten