[rrd-developers] Integrating RRD data with JS plot libraries?

Alex Bennee kernel-hacker at bennee.com
Thu Jun 24 11:21:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

Has anyone looked at ways of doing this?

I've been looking at the flot library [1] although there are many
others that aim to achieve the same sort of thing. I'm guessing that
graphs over a large number of sample buckets need to reduced to a
sensible number of points, possibly collecting a new set when zooms
are done.

What's the best way to get RRD to spit out a series of data points as
text? At the moment I'm using the RRDs perl module and doing a manual
RRDs::fetch() and iterating through the returned @$rdata array but
that does seem a little clunky, especially if I want to take advantage
of the flexibility of the graph definition grammar.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/flot/
--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk