[rrd-developers] git-svn clone of the rrdtool?

Alex Bennee kernel-hacker at bennee.com
Mon Mar 29 19:56:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

Previous patches I've developed for rrdtool I've done from a git-svn
clone of the repository. Unfortunately my rather dumb clone didn't
include branches or tags, however I've been unable to concoct the
correct runes to import just the "program" with tags and branches. So
far the best I've managed is importing the entire rrdtool repo which
includes web-pages and all sorts of other adminstrava.

Before I spend any more cycles on this I was wondering if any
contributors have already done a successful import of just the program
with it's version tags into git?

Please note I'm not asking for the development of rrdtool to move from
SVN. I'm quite happy submitting patches the usual email to the mailing
list way. Of course don't let me stop you considering moving VCS if
the developers want to ;-)

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk