[rrd-developers] git-svn clone of the rrdtool?

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Tue Mar 30 18:49:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 06:56:23PM +0100, Alex Bennee wrote:
> Previous patches I've developed for rrdtool I've done from a git-svn
> clone of the repository. Unfortunately my rather dumb clone didn't
> include branches or tags, however I've been unable to concoct the
> correct runes to import just the "program" with tags and branches. So
> far the best I've managed is importing the entire rrdtool repo which
> includes web-pages and all sorts of other adminstrava.
>
> Before I spend any more cycles on this I was wondering if any
> contributors have already done a successful import of just the program
> with it's version tags into git?

See git://git.tokkee.org/rrdtool.git. This repo was created using the
following git-svn command line (and is sync'ed each hour):

  git svn clone -Ttrunk/program -ttags -bbranches/*/program \
  svn://svn.oetiker.ch/rrdtool

It does not import the SVN tags as Git tags, though. Afaik, this feature
is not available (yet?), since SVN tags are more like SVN "branches".
I'm thinking about writing a small script to take care of that, though.

A side-note for those who were already using that repo: Previously, this
repo included the entire rrdtool repo as well (i.e., the top level
directory of "trunk"). The old repo has now been moved to
rrdtool-all.git.

HTH,
Sebastian