[rrd-developers] Discuss regarding Ticket 263

Jean-Edouard Babin radius at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:11:09 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:

>> I called fct1 time_clean. I tried to catch as much formatter as
>> possible but of course as strftime() formatter's are not the same
>> depending of OS my code can't handle this very well...
>
> hmmm, I wonder if strftime itself could somehow be queried to help ... the
> list of characters you handle there seems awfully long to me ...

I've check how I could use strftime but did not find...
Characters I handle are characters handled by strftime on most linux
system (SVr4, C89, C89 + Single Unix Specification, Olson's timezone
package and glibc extension)
I think handling more characters is better than less. There is, I
guess, fewer probability that someone tried to display a raw %P (it's
a GNU extension) than someone trying to display 'am' or 'pm' on GNU
System.
But I could restrict the character set to SVr4, C89, C89.