[rrd-developers] PATCH: Fix looping in rrdgraph

Peter Stamfest peter at stamfest.at
Tue Nov 9 00:23:36 CET 2010

Find attached a small patch that fixes a problem when using --rigid with
the graph command.

The problem this patch fixes is reproducible using the following command:

rrdtool  graph a.png --rigid --start 1287948770 --end 1289406370
--upper-limit 100 --lower-limit -100 DEF:out=/tmp/a.rrd:out:AVERAGE
CDEF:negout=out,-1,*   AREA:negout#0000ff:out

Unfortunately, I do not have a simple way to create a RRD file exhibiting
the problem easily, so I have to use a real-life RRD file. The gzipped
rrddump output has a size of over 300kB, unfortunately, so I am not
attaching this file here.

The fix also fixes some incorrect graphing of data - the graphics output
with and without the patch is often different - with the patchless version
being wrong... That said, I'm not 100% sure that this is the correct fix
for the problem. It definitly improves the situation, though.

peter