[rrd-developers] Patch for RRDTool 1.4 trunk to allow rrdcached to work with first, last, create, info

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 16 07:26:39 CEST 2010

I have patched the current RRDTool trunk sources (rrdtool-1.4.99910091600) to allow the rrdcached to work with a few more commands, with a view to improving MRTG support for rrdcached.

You can download the combined diff from ftp://ftp.auckland.ac.nz/pub/tmp/rrd-changes.dif if you're interested.
I am still testing these prior to officially submitting them to Tobi but would appreciate any feedback from the rrd-developers community.

These patches do the following:

Add rrd_create_set_no_overwrite as a function in rrd_create.c to allow the overwrite flag to be set externally
Add rrdc_info, rrdc_first, rrdc_last, rrdc_create functions in rrd_client.c
Add rrdcached support to rrd_info(), rrd_first(), rrd_last() and rrd_create()
Add --noflush (-F) option to rrd_info(), rrd_last() to prevent cache flushing before function call if required for efficiency
Add --daemon option to rrd_info(), rrd_first() for rrdcached support
Add buffer_add_ulong function to rrd_client.c (used by new rrdc_* functions)
All relevant documentation updated

Might try to add rrd_tune as well before submitting if all goes well (this will HAVE to flush the data first I think) but now I'm off for a long weekend until Monday!

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand