[rrd-developers] C# binding broken?

Pellaeon ld.pellaeon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:26:57 CEST 2011

Hello,

I use rrdlib 1.4.5 and tried to use the C# binding from the subversion. I
compiled the DebugDLL of the rrdlib and compiled and started the
"dnrrd_binding_test". When reaching the fetch function I get the following
exception: System.AccessViolationException. Any idea? Seems there is an
error in the binding!

First I think the whole calling convention on the binding is wrong! C dlls
use cdecl as standard, Dllimport of C# uses stdcall. But changing the
calling convention in the C# class didn't solve the problem ([DllImport(dll,
CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)])

Any ideas, clues? Perhaps there is a bug in the marshalling?

Best regards

Pellaeon