[rrd-developers] how to change the x legend from the rrdtool to custom text or default rrdtool

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Mar 13 00:30:48 CET 2014

>I have a question that in attached email below I have installed the cacti
with rrdtool
>that came in a preconfigured centos image. But in that graph in all graphs
I see the
> title named there in right hand Cynunwei.com / Cacti can you tell me how I
can
> change it in cacti or RRDTool.

It looks to me as if you have a customised version of RRDTool installed.
Normally, you would see a faint vertical text there "RRDtool /Tobi Oetiker"
and not what you are seeing.  That watermarking is not customisable without
modifying the RRDTool binary, so it seems you have a modified binary.

The '--watermark' option adds a similar marking to the bottom of the graph
but does not modify the righthand side watermark.  In fact, I suspect Tobi
might get a little irritated that someone has stripped out this
acknowledgement from the code, though I don't think it is a requirement that
it be there...

I suspect that if you investigate which RRDTool you are using you will find
it is a customised install for your site; so in this case you would need to
either revert to the standard version or change the customisation.

Steve

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz