[rrd-users] Re: Fetching data from RRA's (II)

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 18 01:15:19 MEST 1999

Monday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Fetching data from RRA's:

*> To make certain I understand about the fetch command, consider the
*> following statements to create the db.
*>
*> rrdtool create test.rrd -b 934495200 --step 600 \
*> DS:min:GAUGE:1200:1:3000 \
*> DS:avg:GAUGE:1200:1:3000 \
*> DS:max:GAUGE:1200:1:3000 \
*> RRA:AVERAGE:.5:1:144 \
*> RRA:AVERAGE:.5:12:48
*>
*> The first RRA is supposed to contain a single data point every 10 minutes
*> for 24 hours.  The second RRA is supposed to contain data points based on
*> a running average of the previous 12 points.

I have re-read the rrd_fetch.c code and can not find any problems there ...
which does not mean that there are none, but I realy need a little script
which produces data and then tries to fetch it back and does not get it ...

you must watch out though for border cases ... do not keep only 24h worth of
data if you want to be able to fetch the last 24h ... keep 25h or if you do
1h intervals maybe even keep 26h ... you are bound to run into problems
otherwhise ...

cheers
tobi

--