[rrd-users] Re: Patch/CGI: mrtg + rrdtool

lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Aug 20 11:08:19 MEST 1999

Hi there!

> However, may I make a suggestion?  Is there a chance you could use the
> rrdcgi tool distributed with the RRD* stuff.

My goal was ease of use: You just have to put one index.cgi in place and
tell it where the mrtg.cfg is. Nothing more, especially you don't have to
create some html pages.

To use rrdcgi I could create html files with my script. But this gives
another level of indirection.

Of course I could send the output of my script thru rrdcgi. But why?

Rainer

BTW: You don't need to send me a copy of the mail - I'm on the list.
             Rainer.Bawidamann at informatik.uni-ulm.de