[rrd-users] Re: Patch/CGI: mrtg + rrdtool

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 20 16:44:10 MEST 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Re: Patch/CGI: mrtg + rrdtool:

*> > cool, any of the generated pages visible ?
*>
*> Yes: http://mogwai.rz.uni-ulm.de/~rb1/mrtg/
*> (these are the logs of one switch)
*>
*> > one thing though, if you plan to support this 'patch' for a longer term,
*> > could you pick a name other than mrtg-rrd? I will then put a link to your
*> > page under the frontends section of the rrdtools website ...
*>
*> The patch to mrtg is very small, it could go into mrtg (to be activated via
*> a config option - do you want me to modify the patch accordingly?). The
*> major part is the CGI. Not sure how to call it. I included an expanded
*> bottom line from the mrtg pages. How do you think about it?

this may be an option ... at least it would get people into using rrd format
for their databases ...

*> I'm not sure wether to maintain this patch/CGI other than to keep it running
*> for me. That's why it's not a complete package (configure ...). It might be
*> of interest for the log-to-xml-to-rrd guy (log2rrd can do part of the job,
*> but it's very sloooooooow). And what about putting it into the contrib
*> section of mrtg?

ok we can do this ...
*>
*> > I am also working on a frontend ... mrtg-3 ... it is a complete rewrite and
*> > will only support of cfg files through conversion ... but looking at the
*> > code you may have realised that a rewrite is sourly needed ...
*>
*> rewrite - yes, sort of ... I like especially the rateup option syntax (and
*> parser ;-)

lol
tobi

*>
*>
*> Rainer
*>
*> --
*> * To unsubscribe from the rrd-users mailing list, send a message with the
*>   subject: unsubscribe to rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
*>
*>

--