[rrd-users] Re: Patch/CGI: mrtg + rrdtool

lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de lists at ripper.informatik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Aug 20 10:53:51 MEST 1999

> cool, any of the generated pages visible ?

Yes: http://mogwai.rz.uni-ulm.de/~rb1/mrtg/
(these are the logs of one switch)

> one thing though, if you plan to support this 'patch' for a longer term,
> could you pick a name other than mrtg-rrd? I will then put a link to your
> page under the frontends section of the rrdtools website ...

The patch to mrtg is very small, it could go into mrtg (to be activated via
a config option - do you want me to modify the patch accordingly?). The
major part is the CGI. Not sure how to call it. I included an expanded
bottom line from the mrtg pages. How do you think about it?

I'm not sure wether to maintain this patch/CGI other than to keep it running
for me. That's why it's not a complete package (configure ...). It might be
of interest for the log-to-xml-to-rrd guy (log2rrd can do part of the job,
but it's very sloooooooow). And what about putting it into the contrib
section of mrtg?

> I am also working on a frontend ... mrtg-3 ... it is a complete rewrite and
> will only support of cfg files through conversion ... but looking at the
> code you may have realised that a rewrite is sourly needed ...

rewrite - yes, sort of ... I like especially the rateup option syntax (and
parser ;-)

Rainer