[rrd-users] Re: Wow. Ready to thrown an e450 aat RRD :)

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 24 03:38:48 MEST 1999

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Wow.  Ready to thrown an...:

*> We're now tracking so many things, that the company is ready to throw an
*> e450 and tons of spindles at RRD.  I'm now up to 15580 values being
*> tracked every minute (with 4 RRA's each), and in the next couple of weeks,
*> should be up to 17700.

cool ... do you have any more detaild performance figures ... is your system
rrd bound, data aquisition bound, disk or memmory bound ... (I found that
rrd performance is significantly memmory bound because of excessive caching
needs ...

any graphs available ?

cheers
tobi
*>
*>
*>
*> Jason Fesler  <jfesler at gigo.com>  |".. and ten thousand noblemen squatted and
*> Good, Fast, Cheap -               | strained, for the King's word, was law."
*>   Pick any two.                   |        - SCA Folklore
*>
*> --
*> * To unsubscribe from the rrd-users mailing list, send a message with the
*>   subject: unsubscribe to rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
*>
*>

--