[rrd-users] Oggetto: Re: Update RRD Database with data

Cesare Tensi ctensi at wind.it
Tue Dec 7 20:33:14 MET 1999

Thanks for reply. I understand the way for upgrade the RRD databases with old
data. I'll use the "dump/restore" command....

Thanks a lot. At the next question... :-)

Cesare

========================
Network N/SD-OSS
Wind Telecomunicazioni S.p.A.
Via C.G. Viola, 48
I-00148 Rome (Italy)
Tel:   +39 06 8311.3782
Fax:  +39 06 8311.3626
Mobile: +39 329 62.61.620
E-Mail: cesare.tensi at wind.it
====================

Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch> il 01/12/99 14.20.20

Per:  Cesare Tensi/STC/ENEL/IT
cc:
Oggetto:  Re: [rrd-users] Update RRD Database with data

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Update RRD Database with data:

*> Hi folks,
*>
*> I'm using RRD for statistic purpose for our system (Solaris, Linux and HP).
*> Using "sar", and other utilities, some script collect data and some
perl-scripts
*> are demanded for update RRD database and make gif-image (for
rrd does not walk back in time ... never ever ...

the only thing you can do is use rrdtool dump and then massage the dump file

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich