[rrd-users] Re: spikes or junk in rrd files

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 14 23:17:19 MET 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding Re: [rrd-users] spikes or junk in rrd files:

*> Tobi,
*>
*> Yes, I still got the spikes after adding the limits.
*> I was using 1.0.7.  I just upgraded to 1.0.8.  I'll let
*> you know if it still does it.  If it continues, I will
*> send copies of the data that I am entering in, as
*> well as the rrd.

this would be great ... because there are some reoccuring reports about
spikes from some people but we have not been able to pinn them down yet ...
*>
*> I have set up the data collection process myself.  It doesn't
*> use SNMP, and I have complete control over it, and also
*> exactly when it is recorded and collected.
*>
*> My data collection occurs more or less exactly on the 5
*> minute interval (+/- .5 seconds on either side), so I don't
*> see any harm in rounding it off exactly at the 5 minute
*> interval, especially since I thought it might fix the problem.

then it is no problem ... but it is not necessary ...

cheers
tobi
--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich