[rrd-users] Re: drawing problems

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 3 23:32:57 MET 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] drawing problems:

*> > I didn't see the image (character only terminal here :-) ) but I can
*> > imagine what's happening.  You restrict your Y-scale to (probably) 99.5
*> > and 100 so if the number of seconds down is above 100, this can't be
*> > drawn.
*>
*> the problem is not that the exceeding metric is *not* drawn - it is
*> drawn correctly where it should be drawn. but it is also drawn where it
*> should not be drawn: where the metric is below 99.5% i get a line on the
*> horizontal 99.5% axis, and this in a different color - instead of having
*> nothing there. well, it's hard to explain without an image...
*>
*> > First of all, one might argue that these two variables don't belong in
*> > one graph (that is: as long as only one scale can be used).
*>
*> i guess you're right, but i'd like to do it anyway :)

for me to debug this it would be ideal if you could supply a short shell
script which first generates and rrdfile, populates it and then draws the
graph showing the problem ...

cheers
tobi
*>
*> /stefan
*>
*> --
*> * To unsubscribe from the rrd-users mailing list, send a message with the
*>   subject: unsubscribe to rrd-users-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
*>
*>

--