[rrd-users] Re: bandwidth used this month

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 7 19:19:26 MET 1999

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] bandwidth used this month:

*> Warning: Its 5am and my brain is overloaded on caffeine
*>
*> I guess this is more of a stats question than an RRDtool question,
*> but there's an RRDtool specific question in there too :-)
*>
*> I'm collecting inOctets and outOctets and graphing bits/sec.
*>
*> How would I say "tell me how much bandwidth has been used since midnight
*> on <blah>".

create a graph for the relevant periode and use PRINT to return the average
value of the data ... multiply this by the number of seconds which have
elapsed over the periode ...

hope this helps ...

*>
*> Do I total up the inOctets since midnight on <blah> and multiply by 300?
*>
*> Can I do this in an RRDcgi?  If yes, how?

not realy ...

cheers
tobi
*>