[rrd-users] Re: large installations

Jesper Skriver jesper at skriver.dk
Wed Oct 6 18:35:31 MEST 1999

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 09:31:01AM -0700, John Payne wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 06:18:13PM +0200, Jesper Skriver wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 09:12:50AM -0700, John Payne wrote:
> > > Any hints/tips for measuring a fairly large installation of routers?
> > >
> > > Only around 1000 to 2000 routers...
> >
> > What do you want to measure ?
> >
> > I have a application that monitor all interfaces for in/out bytes,
> > pakets, errors, and all routers for cpu load, free/used memory.
>
> in/out is the urgent one... memory, cpu, errors, etc are desirable

The easiest would be to write a program, that pull's the routers
interface tables, and write a cricket config file. Do this on a periodic
basis, like every 8 hours, and let cricket handle the rest ...

I'm unable to supply my program, as it's very specific to our network,
and has some bugs, maybe later, when I get i cleaned up.

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)