[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool Online Database Manipulation

steve rader rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Tue Oct 12 16:48:32 MEST 1999

 > Zack Hubert wrote:
 > In regards to my rather ambiguous subject line, I am interested in a way to
 > keep my existing database (all the values up to time N) and add several new
 > datasources (will will all be measured time N+).  Basically I am polling to
 > find out whether someone has already done this before I sit down and hack
 > out some Perl which I think can do it (with dump/restore).
 >
 > Any pre-existing solutions?  Am I perhaps missing something obvious?

I think you are missing something obvious: you can inspect
and manipulate values and graphs of various datasources (DSs)
in *multiple* RRDs with a single perl or rrdcgi script.

For example, something like...

   <RRD::GRAPH some.gif --start -86400
     DEF:in_a=that.rrd:input:AVERAGE
     DEF:in_b=the-other.rrd:input:AVERAGE