[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool and nrg-0.33

rader at teak.wiscnet.net rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Wed Oct 20 00:26:51 MEST 1999

 > From: Karl Hei ar
 > Finaly some program that works!  NRG is great... but just one thing missing.

Well, NRG v0.33 works, yes, but it's certainly not great
and it's only about 33% done.

 > Any ideas ?
 > last four hours
 >    [ERROR: cannot open work.1.4hr.gif for write]

Try the 2nd to the last item of the INSTALL file:

 - Set the directory permissions so that rrdcgi can (run by
   your web server) can write .gif files.  For Apache,
   something like this should work:
     mkdir /usr/local/web/html/nrg
     chown nobody /usr/local/web/html/nrg

Please let me know if this advise doesn't work for ya.

later
steve (just now crawling out from under a new system)
- - -
systems guy
wiscnet.net