[rrd-users] Re: Graphing more than 114 Mbps with RRDTool

Michael MacFaden mrm at yagosys.com
Mon Oct 25 19:05:17 MEST 1999

Paul,

You might use the High Capacity (*HC*) counters in ifXTable/RFC 2233. They
provide 64 bit counters for all of the counters one encounters in ifTable.
For Gig Ether, OC-12c, the High Capacity RMON mib is also a good choice.

The other nifty item in the ifXTable is ifCounterDiscontinuityTime. Using
this object, your poller can know to throw out bad samples...

Regards,
Mike MacFaden
Network Management
Cabletron Systems, West