[rrd-users] --start ???

Cliff Daniel cdaniel at Level3.net
Fri Sep 3 00:39:59 MEST 1999

What is the method in which rrd::graph selects the
--start parameter?  The reason I ask is because I
had been dynamically generating a graph by add
the values from any given number of rrd targets.
All of those .rrds were create the same time so I
never noticed what happened when I just added a new
target.  The graph now only generates for the amount
of history the newest .rrd has.

So, previously, I had 45 days worth of data in 30
different .rrds.  To graph all I would use the standard

CDEF:x=1,2,+ etc.... everything worked fine.  But
now that I've added the 31st rrd today it's only
graphing back 3 hours.

"--start", (-1.5 * 24*60*60),
Btw, who's 'rrd' --start time is actually applied to that?

Is there a way to tell rrd:graph to graph the start
from the longest running graph?  Does any of this make
sense to anyone? :-)

--
Cliff Daniel
Level 3 Communications