[rrd-users] Re: Application of rrd

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 26 11:50:15 MEST 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Re: Application of rrd:

*> Hi,
*>
*> Thanks Rainer for that comment.
*>
*> I was aware of  UNKOWN values, but surely the graph will still show the
*> period (eg night-time or weekend) even if the values are UNKNOWN?
*>
*> Also, won't relatively long sequences of UNKNOWNs have some effect on
*> averages over time?

UNKNOWN gets ignored for averages ... when building consolidations
you can specify how much UNKNOWN will get ignored and starting from
what point the consolidated value will be UNKNOWN as well ...

as for the graphs, just set start and end so that only the weekdays
are in the graph and everything will be fine ...

cheers
tobi
*>
*> (The values I am currently interested in will be GAUGE type - but I was also
*> trying to see how such gaps would effect other types).
*>
*> David.
*>
*> rainer at roka.net wrote: