[rrd-users] Re: Weird graph scaling

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 17 06:41:53 MEST 2000

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Weird graph scaling:

*>
*> I'm using RRD and PerlMagick to produce overlapping graphs.  Because
*> of the way the graphs must overlap, their scales need to be identical
*> (or else you can't read the graph).  Now, theoretically, I should
*> be able to use fetch to grab all the information for my image, sort
*> through it, and find the minimum and maximums across all the graphs.
*> If I then set the -l and -u values for all of the graphs to the
*> same values (the overall max and overall min), I expect to get a
*> graph with the same scale.
*>
*> But it doesn't work like that.  A lot of times, the graph expands
*> much higher or much lower than it should (say, -u 134M and the
*> graph goes up to 200M).  What causes this and how can I stop it?

use --rigid in addition to -l and -u

cheers
tobi

*> TIA,