[rrd-users] Re: disabling interpolation?

Jay Clark jayc at sasolutions.com
Tue Aug 22 20:16:33 MEST 2000

just our .02 cents worth

part of our application is displaying near real time (NRT) performance data for a reasonably large national network.  We poll out our data in 15 minute buckets, as
long as we grab data within a particular interval we are pretty happy. We store the information in a SQL database, and use RRD to display the graphic, and provide a
tabular view outside of RRD.

We do all of our calculations outside of RRD, so we pass an averaged value for the 15 minute period to a temporary RRD for display only.

I think having a "no-interpolation" flag would be a useful thing.  For one thing it would make troubleshooting the application way simpler.