[rrd-users] Re: New flame.

Felix Lungu Felix.Lungu at bcv01y01.vz.cit.alcatel.fr
Wed Aug 23 15:51:06 MEST 2000

Ok,

The previous mail that I've post on this list was, let's say, a parallel
between
features that rrdtool provide and an real situation for a specific job,
like PM on
GSM networks.

I only underlined the aspects that do not fit well for this kind of
application, not the
good ones, because everybody knows it.

1.I know that this at the core of rrdtool that you can't update an time
slot older than
the last update. I'm thinking for a solution that is not using an
external storage before loading
the data.

2. This solution of using graph command and PRINT statement and then
piping data to another
instance of the program is not an elegant one. There should be command
to perform such kind of
jobs.

3. From the man page of graph function I understand that in the PRINT
statement you can use
CDEF-s calculated values (maybe I'm wrong), only DS with CF function. I
will test it well see
exactly if I'm wrong.

4. For the last part, it is the same if is for a week, for moth or for
an hour. The values
are consolidated anyway and only the time scale differs.

Sorry, I forgot to say that I'm studying a way to overcome this problems
by modifying the rrdtool. I will anounce the modifications on this
forum.
If someone has an interest in this features or ideas, please let me
know.

Salut,
Felix