[rrd-users] Re: Monitoring availability with RRD

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 28 22:31:36 MET 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] Monitoring availability with RRD:

*> I want a textual report containing availability statistics for some my
*> RRD datasources. Now, it seems to me like this would be a pretty common
*> thing to do. But strangely enough, I haven't found anything available
*> that looks like it would fit the bill.
*>
*> Did I miss a publicly available tool/contribution that would do this?
*> Or is this something so trivial that everybody just rolls their own?
*> Or maybe this isn't even a good idea (please tell me why not)?
*>
*> If there isn't anything available, and there is interest for something
*> like this, I'll consider writing it myself.

you can use rrdgraph with PRINT and LAST to generate 'current'
value reports ... this is done best with rrdcgi ... Note that
rrdgraph only generates a graph if you specify 'graphical'
arguments like LINE, AREA and friends ... if you don't, no graph is produced ...

cheers
tobi
*>

*> --
*> Frank Harper, TURBOMECA network manager
*> e-mail: Frank.Harper at turbomeca.fr
*> Tel: +33-559-12-52-18
*> Fax: +33-559-12-51-50
*>