[rrd-users] Re: "nrg" tool

steve rader rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Tue Jan 11 23:09:28 MET 2000

 > From: Siva.Namburi at nokia.com
 > 	Thanks for the information and response. But i am not using MRTG
 > here. I am using a perl script to get the data generated from "ping"
 > commands and saving it in a database to later graph the results using
 > "rrdtool graph" command.  I was wondering if this
 > "nrg" tool could help me out by eliminating this step.

I find it pretty hard to envision NRG helpin' ya out here.
But feel free to drop me a line directly with the details about
exactly how you'd like to graph your ping data and maybe I can
help out.

 > All this is done on windows NT machines.

Have you tried NRG under NT?  What happens?  The data collection
part (nrg-runmaker) is the least portable but you have a script for
that already... and you have your .rrd files already... so maybe
some trivial changes to nrg-cgikeeper would get it automating the
adding/changing/deleting of rrdcgi scripts for ya.  (Again, let's
take this off-list.)

later
steve
- - -