[rrd-users] Re: Outputting a PNG directly from Perl + RRDs.pm

jfesler at gigo.com jfesler at gigo.com
Fri Jan 14 01:54:01 MET 2000

> The problem is, I can't seem to make the perl module spit out an image
> directly.  It seems to want to write it to a file instead.  I tried using
> "-" as a filename but it didn't spit out anything.  Any ideas?

What I do, is write the image to a temp staging directory.  The same
routine enforces that there are only so many images in the directory at
one time, so ti doesn't get too full.  The html I produce from the CGI,
doesn't produce the IMG SRC line until I've completely written the image
to disk.  It works well for me here.  Not perfect, but.. it does work.