[rrd-users] Re: RRDtool "GMT-centric" problem?

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 14 07:38:40 MET 2000

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding Re: RRDtool "GMT-centric" problem? :

*>  I'm not sure I agree with this "arbitrary time offset".
[..[
*> hours.  There is no perfect fix for this problem (aside from having the
*> whole world switch to a global time standard and getting rid of the notion
*> of localtime.  (I'll advocate that in my spare time)).  Still, having a fix
*> would be worth the side-effects.  If I get around to getting the patch
*> implemented, I'll send it in.  Don't expect anything soon however.  If
*> someone else has time to work on it, that would be way cool.

but what data do you use? the data in the rra is GMT based ... so where do
you get you CST data from ?

cheers
tobi

--