[rrd-users] Re: RRDtool "GMT-centric" problem?

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Mon Jan 17 13:39:22 MET 2000

> Today you sent me mail regarding [rrd-users] RRDtool "GMT-centric" problem?:
> *> It would be really nice to be able to somehow specify that CDP
> *> slots should be aligned at arbitrary times.  For example, I'd
> *> like to do "rrdtool create" with a step of one day and the CDPs
> *> aligned at midnight localtime.

> Sort of like an initial offset for the database ? This could
> certainly be implemented ... [...]

Just note that the offset between localtime and UTC changes twice a
year for most people (because of Daylight Savings Time).

If you just count average daily somethings the difference will be small,
but if you want to use the DBs for things like peak/off-peak averages,
this becomes quite important.
--
Simon.