[rrd-users] Re: using rrd graphing component for ts data w/out db

Paul Wickman paulw at explosive.net
Wed Jan 19 19:08:58 MET 2000

> (unixtime, datapoint) pairs which i'd love to graph over a variety of
> intervals. I do not want to average the data, have it roll over in any
> way, etc.

	For general graphing of time series data, you may want to try
something like the Chart perl module (uses GD internally, available on
CPAN), or another utility called GDChart, which has both a C and perl
interface.  The later is available at http://www.fred.net/brv/chart/.
I've used both these, to plot data retrieved from an RRD database, and
other databases.  I like GDChart, cause you can make some neat 3D graphs,
but there are a few functional deficiencies.