[rrd-users] Re: RRDtool algorithms and IEEEmath compilerquestion

steve rader rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Fri Jan 21 22:50:55 MET 2000

 > *> Also, I believe this means I will have to change the maximum allowable
 > *> calculated value for the DS from 2.048(1024^2) (the speed of an E1 line
 > *> in mbps) to the equivalent value in bytes per second, which is also not a
 > *> big deal but seems a bit kludgy.  ?
 >
 > From: Tobias Oetiker
 > you can ask your snmp device ... it should tell you its max speed in octets
 > per second ...

Btw, ifSpeed reports (should report) bandwidth in bits/sec...

 [snip]
 ifSpeed OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     Gauge32
    MAX-ACCESS read-only
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An estimate of the interface's current bandwidth in
         bits per second.  For interfaces which do not vary in
 [snip]

 % snmpget somewhere some_read_str interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.3
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.3 = "Serial0"
 % snmpget somewhere some_read_str interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifSpeed.3
 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifSpeed.3 = Gauge: 1536000

later
steve
- - -
systems guy