[rrd-users] ERROR min must be less than max?

abush at microcenter.com abush at microcenter.com
Tue Jan 25 15:23:17 MET 2000

While trying to create a new rrd like this:

rrdtool create questions.rrd -s 300\
	DS:questions:COUNTER:600:U:U\
	RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1200\
	RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:12:8760

I get this error:
ERROR: min must be less than max in DS definition.

I have tried using a GAUGE DS, but i get the same error?  The create I
have appears to be a 'text-book' example.  If I specify a min and max
value then all is good and i get my rrd without any reported errors.  I
also tried this as a min:max = "0:U" and I get the same error.
This is on HPUX10.20, gcc-2.95.1.  This is rrd version 1.0.10 the same
version that is causing core dumps while using graph.  Maybe the two are
related?  If there is any additional info you need to help let me know.

If i have messed the create syntax up, forgive me, i've looked over it
several times and compared it to the examples in the tutorial.

Thanks,
Aaron