[rrd-users] announcing Bronc, a RRDtool frontend

Chris Snell chris at blueaspen.com
Tue Jan 25 00:45:21 MET 2000

Hi All,

I would like to announce the public release of Bronc.  Bronc was designed
to be an alternative frontend to RRDtool.  It features speedy on-the-fly
graph generation, automated SNMP gathering (crontab entries not needed),
and a Perl-ish configuration interface.  The interface to Bronc was
created with Mason (http://masonhq.com) which makes it easy to define
graphs and groups of graphs.  You can, for example, use the included
"breakdown.html" template that graphs some targets in different time spans
(as MRTG does) and apply this template to any of your defined graphs.

You can download Bronc here:

	http://bronc.blueaspen.com/

Bronc was developed here at Ticketmaster Online - CitySearch, Inc.  We're
using it to gather data on, and graph, several hundred SNMP targets.  It's
quite stable but it needs much more work on the interface side of things.

I encourage everyone to download it and give me some feedback.  It's GPLed
so contributions are always welcomed!

Take care,

Chris

--