[rrd-users] Re: gigabit interfaces

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Tue Jul 4 14:05:00 MEST 2000

> What type of router are you using this on ? Our Cisco GSR's don't
> seem to know OID's for ifHC in and out. If you are using Cisco's
> what level IOS are you running ? It would be really nice if they
> supported 64 bit counters.

Cisco does support ifHC..., but it does it the Right Way, i.e. you
*must* use SNMPv2/3 or the Counter64 variables are invisible.
Unfortunately SNMPv2 support hasn't been integrated well into MRTG or
Cricket, although there are patches at least for MRTG.

Note that if your kit returns Counter64 values to SNMPv1 requests,
then this is a bug.

Regards,
--
Simon.